Monday, July 18, 2011

!Cheater survives Pampered Chef party!

I am a self-proclaimed cheater. I am working on my flaws and seeing more result with each change to my lifestyle.

I needed some girl-time so I said I would go to a party after work. I had been starving by lunch time so happened to try a cup of salad with only some red wine vinegar sprinkled at lunch and a shake in my office. Another shake in the afternoon, and a bar (#5 meal) on the way to the party since I wouldn't eat dinner until about 9pm.

The meal: chicken, red and green peppers, and onions in a cooker. The app: Guacamole dip (just veggies?). Dessert: chocolate cake with microwaved melted chocolate and caramel icecream topping drizzled over to soak in, topped with chopped nuts and another swizzle coating of the remaining caramel.

The cake was sitting right in front of my seat the whole time.

When it was time to eat I had at most 2 oz of the shredded chicken (2 pcs size of my female watch face), two pepper strips, two strips of onions, and three tbsp worth of guac dip, and one chip holding another tsp of guac dip. That is it! No cake! No tortilla wrap! And only the one chip, of course THEN the forks arrived. ugh. I do have to admit I don't like chocolate cake. But still, it was right in front of me. And that oooy,gooy topping!

I was very impressed with myself and wanted to share my success. Talk about a non-scale victory! I went home to cook a stir-fry with shrimp soaking in lime juice, two tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, cauliflower, collard greens, curry powder, and a cup of bullion. It was delic! I ate that, made corn and green beans for DH.

I think I did great! The chick next to me killed her diet, but I stuck to mine! Even asked for a plate when they ran out so I could skip my favorite wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment