Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 3 complete. Couch2 5K

Completed Day 3 of Week 3 today.  Day 2 was Thanksgiving, figured I would burn a few calories before I consumed.

This week was tough. Day 1 had more walking than I was used to because the running was consolidated and longer. The 3 minute run was hard, but it was the longer walking that did me in, oddly enough. Day 2 I got a stitch in my side towards the end. Luckily, I had a long time to walk it out. Still cramped my style. By the long run I was begging for no more. When I realized it was the final one, I was never so glad. That's not true. My knees are no longer bothering me (knock on wood! fingers crossed!), that is what I am most grateful for. And, of course, our free treadmill.

I was was ready for today's run. Wanted to hit it head on. As with everything else lately, even thought I got ready early, I did lots of other things instead. I decided to dust the fans, sweep the kitchen, and wipe down all the floor tile. I decided it would be a good idea to get my body moving before jumping on the treadmill. I still felt I needed a longer warm up walk. And by minute 17, which happens to be the long run, I was so ready for it to be over.

So next week will also be Week 3.

My breathing was off this week also. Today, for a few strides it was totally in sync and I knew it. It was wonderful. Then it was off and back to working. I need to call my marathon runner and ask for pointers.

I was talking to a friend, complaining about how my mind is just not up to par with my body on this run. She said she had the same problem. In fact, she never got over it, she hated running every minute. I think once I am done watching the clock to switch between running and walking I can focus on my music for timing. Of course, if I run outside, things might change. Let's hope.

I had a stomach bug or ate something off was was horribly sick all Thanksgiving night continuing through to today. Everything was literally out of my system by 3 or 4 am that night/next morning. So glad I ran on Thanksgiving and figured I was pushing it today, but it was fine.

However, after all of that nighttime loss, I would have thought I would be down at least a pound! Not a chance. Water weight I guess. Figures.


But I noticed a lot more shape to my calves and my thighs. Not to mention  I can now buckle my way too old sports bras. Hugh non-scale victory, as they say in my diet food support. Speaking of that, since I am not losing, and clearly not strict to it, I might push my reorder date back.  Holidays are hard and while it seems like a crutch, this TDY is also throwing a wrench in everything. Its just easier to do take out, or not portion correctly. Especially since everything, except some packages of chicken, were proportioned for 2. Or I'm not hungry and so try to snack. Or I am starving and overeat. Just not in the same day.

And as I already said before, I am tried of the diet food. But! I pulled out my old recipes and bought some cream cheese to try to get rid of the nasty orange drink I have. It tastes ok, its the thickening agent that never mixes well. So I am going to try to make it into "frosting" for some MF brownies I have left. It was originally done with pudding. I am hoping if I use less water, or boiling water, it will mix better.

I can't believe the scale hasn't moved. But I feel much healthier. I guess that is what matters in the end.

1 comment:

  1. K U D O S t o you from me - glad you're sticking to it. By this time most would be giving up. The writing was also very well done, it flowed smoothly.

    ReplyDelete