Friday, November 1, 2013

Why I Rock Mondays

Because I am badass.

lawful:

rocketjumper:
(via craytonc)
That looks like fun.

Badass chick autoreblog
aberration.tumblr.com/
(She is not a badass because of the size of the weapon, it's the lower hardware. Zipline harness? Weapon holster....??? Where do I get some of that to walk around in, oh yeah....)

Ok so I get the motivation to go run last Monday after work. Pack all my clothes to change into and grab the C25K sheet off the treadmill.

At some point I put that piece of paper down and the day moved on.

I get to the gym and no paper to look at to know when to walk and when to run.

I was all on my own with my amazing memory.

If you know me, it's not always so amazing. And looking at how much, or how little, really, that I have run in the past few years, I would have given up.

photo from www.dr-phillips-wellness.com/
But I was motivated. I knew it was a 5 min warm up then run 2.5 minutes then walk then run and so on until a 5 min cool down. These brand new gym treadmills are AH-MA-ZING! Much faster pick up and slow down. I love it and was thinking of what I needed to give up to save up for one of these babies.

I kept my speed a bit slower to try to stay on as long as possible after so little activity lately. I ran about 2-3 min and then walked 2-3 mins, no more, no less, until min 30 came and went. Going a bit slower I was under my usual mile mark.

But damgamit, I was proud of myself! I made it to the gym, I changed, I got on the treadmill, and I ran.

Who rocks? Yeah, that's me!
www.whorocksnm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment