Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween without candy!

Well, we passed out candy. But we didn't eat any! How about that?

This was mostly because DH is on shift work and I was out of town for most of the month. So we didn't have any candy corn or the yummy like sitting around the house. The candy we hand out is stored in a spare room, in a drawer-out of sight, out of mind. (By accident, really.) And it was all left over from last year so no temptations this year.

I might have been temped to buy something last minute after I flew home but I have a terrible head cold, so any chance of leaving the house was nipped in the bud. For the better, I think.

Here is a picture of the dog dressed up and ready to hand out candy... actually he is bored during a lull between groups of kids.


One delicious temptation that made its way into the house is pumpkin pie flavored coffee creamer! Yum! DH bought it special for me because he knows I love pumpkin. But I am so terribly allergic to it that I painfully remembered why flavored creamer has been banned in the house. Poor guy completely forgot to look at the ingredients, it has been so long since I have been sick. The generally purchased flavored creamers have hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils. A big no-no for me. I was belly sick for a whole day and a half from two cups of coffee worth. Back to almond milk for me. I could have real dairy, but almond milk has less calories. So DH has to suffer using that delicious creamer until it is gone. Haha

But boy, was it yummy. I should look to see if there are any made without the oils. I did see a great, healthy way via Sparkpeople. It uses canned pumpkin filling and spice (which I do use now). Check it out Fat Free Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment